Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer Closes

• Please log in to reply

y0ud0ntkn0wjack

y0ud0ntkn0wjack

• Pip
  • 3 posts
About September 07, I began having problems with my computer. Windows explorer would close randomy, usually after closing programs or when I'm running many programs. It usually closes twice with no problems and restarts Windows Explorer. Then, after closing WExplorer twice, DrWatsonDebugger says its encountered a problem and closes. Then Everything freezes and I have to manually restart the computer. In December, I reset my computer back to factory settings and redid the whole computer. It did fine for about 4 weeks now and I have not seen it. Now here recently, It has came back and is doing it again. I have the report from DrWatson but have no clue how to fix it. Is there a program interfering with it? I havent recently installed any new programs...?

DrWatson Report
Attached File  drwatson.txt   63.61KB   130 downloads
^^^ Is also attached as a notepad file...

Anyone able to help figure out what the problem is?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi y0ud0ntkn0wjack, welcome to G2G.

The first thing you should do is run chkdsk against your hard drive to see if there are any file system problems.

Open My Computer.
Right click on drive: and select Properties (drive: is any drive)
Click on the Tools tab then the Check now button.
Check the "Automatically fix File System errors" box.

For C: you will get a window that says the check could not be performed ....
Do you want to schedule this disk check to run the next time you restart the computer?
Click on Yes.

If that doesn't help, do you per chance have Photoshop 7 installed? If so uninstall it and see if that fixes it. If yes, you can reinstall but don't make Photoshop the default program for images

y0ud0ntkn0wjack

y0ud0ntkn0wjack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Did that now. I'll wait and see if it helps. Nope, dont use Photoshop at all. Hopefully that works. if not I'll post and let you know. Any other suggestions?

y0ud0ntkn0wjack

y0ud0ntkn0wjack

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Haven't seen the error since I have done that chkdisk. One other thing I stopped doing was allowing this HP DMA scheduler program to run. McAfee now blocks it from running and it hasn't did the error. Not sure which was causing the problem...