Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows vista search weirdness

• Please log in to reply

e_p_a_k

e_p_a_k

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
okay i'm trying to delete all the albumart/small/large/folder.jpegs in my music folder. so, i opened folders, unchecked hide system files and checked show hidden files and folders, went into search, checked search subfolders, went into my music folder, and then searched "jpg". search results according to vista? nothing. same with ".jpeg". but when i go into my music folder, i see the album art files right there. what's up with that?

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
Did you try "gif"?
Just click on the start button and typy "gif",or "jpg",or "jpeg". Do not hit enter.
All of the selected files should show up obove the search box.
Also try a wildcard * (example= *.jpg)
Thank you.

Edited by hfcg, 23 January 2008 - 07:52 PM.

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM.

Vista search sucks, worse than XP. It can't find any of my jpegs that I want to delete and I have thousands of them. Even when I key in a sequence of characters that is part of the filenames it fails to find them. I've tried everything.