Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EA to release a free version of Battelfied

• Please log in to reply

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Electronic Arts is to release a free online version of the popular Battlefield game to be supported by adverts and micro payments.

The PC game, Battlefield Heroes, will be available only online later this year, and will not be sold in shops.

The move marks EA's first major attempt to tap into new sources of ad-driven revenue in Western markets.

Heres the official site
http://www.battlefie...es.com/home.asp

It reminds me a lot of TeamFortress 2, and plus its free! Can't beat that! What do you guys think of it, and you think you will be getting it?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
nope. no way. EA won't get my money.

They didn't handel bf2 very well. took way to long to fix stuff with it. Then the did 2142. Supper buggy. It took an "expansion" pack to fix the game and provide decent content. Then lets not get into the issue of terrible server admin tools, and the fact that they can't control cheating at all.

DICE was far better off on their own. I'm hoping crytek didn't make a deal with the devil to get crysis published.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

I'm hoping crytek didn't make a deal with the devil to get crysis published.

I gave up on that game, I might try it since the 1st service pack was released a few weeks back. There is nothing worse then being in an intence battle and then litterly falling through the floor indefinatly till you suicide. I know this issur wasn't isolated to my computer either.
EA makes a great game bad. They are only there for the profitability of the game and not to please the gamer. You can only do so many early releases and then people will refuse to buy your games.
James

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
That would be hard to say, EA has been known not to care on people complaints.

How long was it before the stats outage lasted?

Edited by Salku69, 26 January 2008 - 07:52 AM.

ultimateslacker2

ultimateslacker2

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,581 posts
Whatever, if its free Ill get it.

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I heard about it, I think it's a joke. I'll probably download it and check it out to get my own opinion, but I don't see myself spending anything longer than an hour with it.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

I heard about it, I think it's a joke. I'll probably download it and check it out to get my own opinion, but I don't see myself spending anything longer than an hour with it.

I felt the same with team fortress 2, I've spent many, many hours playing that game.
There is a lot of money in advertisement, so I doubt it's a joke.
James

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
TF2 is freakin awsome, but EA always fracks stuff up. Just because it's cartoony like TF2 doesn't mean it'll be as good. Time will tell, it'll be released this spring/summer I think? I haven't read anything on it, just heard about it on the PC Gamer Podcast. They were saying it's supposed to be in a third person type perspective I think? Who knows, maybe it'll be good.

Edited by ADNoland, 29 January 2008 - 10:21 AM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

They were saying it's supposed to be in a third person type perspective I think?

That alone would turn me off.
James

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

They were saying it's supposed to be in a third person type perspective I think?

That alone would turn me off.
James

Same