Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chart in reports

• Please log in to reply

Mina

Mina

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I am trying to create a chart in a report based on a query. My query runs after I select a date range and the customer's name from a dialog box and it comes up with four fields: Customers name, Date, Department and Purchase Total. Now I am trying to create a column chart that has the Date and the Purchase Total. For each Date there is more than one Department and I would like that to show in those columns but it wouldn't work. Through the wizard I choose the three fields (Date, Purchase total and Department) but when I run it I get an error message; something like Microsoft Jet Database doesn't recognize one of the fields in the dialog box that I use to select the Name and Date range)! I don't understand what's that supposed to mean. When I change the Chart to a Line chart or I select only two fields from my query it does work.
Would please let me what am I doing wrong? this is driving me crazy. Thank you

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Mina and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Are you using Microsoft Access or Excel? Could you show us the query that you have generated? In Access (if you're using it), in query design for your query, go to View | SQL View. You can then copy-paste the SQL statement to your reply.

This also might help:
ACC2000: Errors Concatenating Variables or Controls

If you're using Excel, go into Microsoft Query (right-click data and choose Edit Query) to view the query.

If possible, specify data types for the parameters of the query. Also make sure you have spelled the field names correctly.

Regards,

Ax

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I am sorry that I have not gotten back to you.
I know so little (nothing) about Access that I do not even understand what you said. :)
I am going to look for a tutorial for creating a Database with Access.
Thank you for your time.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:)

I'm pretty confused, who are you talking to hfcg? From your post, it sounds like you are the OP, but you aren't. Please clear up any confusion, as this inquiry has already been answered a week ago and I haven't yet received a response from the OP.

Ax

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
:) I do not believe that I put this in this topic.
Wrong topic.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
No problem, I understand, thanks for clearing that up. :)