Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ATX cases?

• Please log in to reply

Foxxed

Foxxed

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Well i finally read the build sticker in my compute :)
and now i know i have a micro ATX motherboard,so i`m looking for a new case

I`ve found few that look like alienware and their For an ATX motherboard

i`d like to know since some say "ATX,ATX mini,ATX micro" will a case for just the ATX work with my micro?

i did find a few that have a window or are clear for the micro but their CHEESY looking :)

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Almost any case that uses ATX motherboards also can use a MicroATX style motherboard. ATX motherboards are11.6 inches by 9.6 inches. MicroAtx motherboards are 9.6 inches by 8.6 inches. The main thing is the 6 screws used to hold the MB to the backing plate in the computer is in the exact same spots on both motherboards. There are no mini motherboards. There are Mini cases that regular 11/6x9.6 ATX MB's will NOT fit into. These usually have only 2 cdrom slots in them. The only time you will see mini used with a motherboard is in a mini ITX style MB that VIA technologies makes for really small computers with their soldered-in CPU. These Mini-ITX MB's are usually 6.7x6.7 inches and usually you will need special or a custom made case for them.

Look thru these mid-tower and micro cases as almost all will fit your motherboard.

http://www.directron...asebytype1.html

SRX660

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Almost any case that uses ATX motherboards also can use a MicroATX style motherboard. ATX motherboards are11.6 inches by 9.6 inches. MicroAtx motherboards are 9.6 inches by 8.6 inches. The main thing is the 6 screws used to hold the MB to the backing plate in the computer is in the exact same spots on both motherboards.

With that said

The one i`m looking at just says its compatible with ATX Motherboards

Link

I can find a pic of the inside of it so IDK if its got multipliable mounting spots.

Sorry if i`m being a pain :)

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Ok, heres a very close case. Its the Jpac 112 black case.

http://www.newegg.co...de Panel Window

You will notice there are 2 sets of (vertical) holes at the lower middle back edge of the case where PCI cards can be attached and accessed from the back panel of the case. he holes put in these cases tells me that Jpac is capable of running ATX or microATX motherboards in them. I would think that same is true if the 111 black case you want to buy. Again I say almost any ATX style case will also fit micro ATX motherboards. Where you have a problem is fitting a ATX motherboard into cases that can only accept the micro ATX MB's, such as the cube style cases like this one.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811144139

SRX660

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Awesome thanks LOTS

after i get my new fans ordered i`ll order on the the 111F off ebay(9.99BIN+45.99S/H...lol)