Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP "Service.exe" error

• Please log in to reply

bookeeah

bookeeah

• Pip
  • 2 posts
One minute into booting up my computer a "Services.exe - Application Error" comes up and tells you whether to terminate or debug the program, both will just trigger the '60 sec countdown'. In addition, I receive the "Services and controller app has encountered a problem and needs to close" error however the system works fine in safe mode. I have Windows XP Home SP2 with all the security updates.

I swear it feels like I have done everything to try and resolve the issue. Ran the bitdefenderonline scan, the trendmicro house call online scan, ran superspyware. Made sure that system restore was turned off. I had a TrojanVundo variant, Trojan.adclicker, and a couple of others. Once everything was clean….ran the scans again and everything came up clear. It worked in normal mode one time. I shut it down…..when I restarted the computer I started getting the message again. I even ran AVG rootkit and that found nothing. I am at a lost, please help.

I think my registry maybe corrupt.

Edited by bookeeah, 24 January 2008 - 11:55 AM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
You have a Hijackthis log posted in the wrong forum.
Please post in the malware forum.
Thank you.