Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sqm file extensions

• Please log in to reply

nobrainz

nobrainz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) Anyone know what sqm files are for? I opened My Computer>local disc and saw loads of these (about 40) which I hadn't noticed before. Do they constitute any danger? If so can I safely remove them and how? I have a program installed called Eraser which completely obliterates from the hard drive any files or folder you choose. Would it be appropriate to use this to permanently delete these files if these files are recognised as a threat or potential threat? Hope there is/are genius(es) out there who can throw some light on this. :)

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
SQM is Software Quality Metrics, aka the Microsoft Customer Experience Program which is part
of Messenger. Windows Live Messenger is the same as MSN Messenger -- it's basically MSN Messenger 8 with a
new name. These may be part of a previous Beta.

Either delete the files after making a Restore Point and rebooting to see if you have a problem. Or uninstall/reinstall Messenger to see if it removes them (I doubt). If you reinstall with latest version, make sure Option to participate in Microsoft's Customer Experience is off.

Ron

PriscillaPresley

PriscillaPresley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How can I turn off this 'Customer Experience' thingy, please?