Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new hijackthis log [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jay2008

jay2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
yes, im still able to get definiton updates for norton, but if you know any thats better, i could try those.

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Congratulations, your log is clean :)

For information on how to protect yourself in the future, read Infection Prevention

The following items can be fixed in HJT as they are not needed to run when the computer starts. The text in blue is a description of the item:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\jusched.exe Checks for updates to Sun Java
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background MSN / Windows Live Messenger
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet Yahoo Messenger
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ares] "C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe" -h ares p2p client. I actually recommend that you uninstall this, as using p2p programs increase your risk of getting infected.

Fix one of the following, as you should only use one anti spyware program as a resident scanner. It is fine to keep the other installed to scan on demand.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
===== OR =====
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

If you wish to free up some system resources, consider uninstalling Norton AntiVirus 2006 and using one of the ones I mention here.

Also, take a look at the suggestions at http://users.telenet...owcomputer.html

Do you have any other questions or concerns? This thread will be left open for a few more days, so feel free to ask.

-Ryan

jay2008

jay2008

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Can't think of any questions right now, but if i think of somethin i'll let you know, thanks for helpin me out

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.