Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting Duplicate Files

• Please log in to reply

amadeusmozart

amadeusmozart

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I ran Easy Cleaner 2.0 and used it to search for duplicate files. This yielded several thousand duplicate entries, and I was going to see if I could get any opinions about whether or not it was safe to delete these files if there is a duplicate of it?

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello amadeusmozart,

It really depends on where the files are at. I would suggest you leave any system files alone. The only duplicate files that you should really need to delete are your personal ones. Windows produces backups of files when they are updated via Windows Update and I'd suggest leaving them as they are. Without knowing the duplicate files you are referring to, I can't make any recommendation to you on them, other than what I've told you.

Regards,

Ax

bardy bardy

bardy bardy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Use DuplicateFilesDeleter.