Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

golfwalt49

golfwalt49

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all i have a desk top computer with windows xp home, i got a belkin usb network adapter for xmas, i got it started and it was working ok, but the guy next door moved the other day, i am getting a wireless connection called Liberty i get 4 bars but it won't let me connect to the internet. it keeps saying aquiring address, but cant find it is there anything i can do. the range on my wireless is only 400 ft i get another one called wonderland which is my parks computer, but its to far away i only get 1 bar. Am i screwed and have to go back to aol, or another internet servicer

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
There is something that you can do.
Have your own INTERNET connection installed.
Buy a wireless router.
Quit trying to steal Internet access from some one else!