Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have Virus / Malware NEED HELP PLEASE! [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JR's_FightingBack

JR's_FightingBack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
All I can say is THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Everything seems cured. I read over everything you just listed & did all the things you listed.

I now have one more question for you about this topic:
What Programs Do I Need To Remove? I just installed a new Norton's Internet Security 2008 about 2 weeks ago. I now have installed on the computer: Norton's I.S. 2008, AVG Anti-Spyware, SUPERAntispyware, SpyBot Search & Destroy, and HijackThis?

1: What NEEDS to be removed?
2: What Programs, Can I Keep And Run Together With Norton's Internet Security 2008?
3: Can Norton's I.S. 2008 Run Along Side of the programs you talked about above?? (SpywareBlaster, IE-SPYAD, SPYWAREGUARD)

Thanks again for all the help.

Also, to make a donation to your "Fight Against Malware", All I need to do, is click your PayPal Button in your signature??

Edited by JR's_FightingBack, 28 January 2008 - 02:43 PM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Hello

What Programs Do I Need To Remove?

The list you have there sounds good. I would include SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster and you will have some excellent protection.

2: What Programs, Can I Keep And Run Together With Norton's Internet Security 2008?

You can keep all the ones you have listed, just don't install another anti-virus or firewall program or they will conflict

3: Can Norton's I.S. 2008 Run Along Side of the programs you talked about above?? (SpywareBlaster, IE-SPYAD, SPYWAREGUARD)

Yes it will have no problem

Also, to make a donation to your "Fight Against Malware", All I need to do, is click your PayPal Button in your signature??

Yes that goes to my paypal account, it is pretty simple and efficient, a few clicks is all that is needed.

Let me know if you have any more questions

JR's_FightingBack

JR's_FightingBack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I apologize for hounding you with questions, but you seem to be very knowledgable about these things. So here is my other questions. (should I ask it here or start a new post in another area? & what area?)

Question # 1:
I use Adobe PhotoShop CS3 to edit my pictures for our websites. I have spoke with Adobe about my problem & they say my main Admin User (this user I use) is Corrupt, and that's why I have this problem.

Here is the problem: I CAN NOT Open more than 1 image in PhotoShop CS3 at anytime. If I try to open another file, or paste something as a new image, I get a "Windows Error Screen" just like the one I got earlier, stating something incorrect was done, and the program has to be closed, do you want to (Debug)(Send Error Report...etc). And then it closes the window! This is very bad when trying to work on anything, or design new images for the web. Adobe told me, there is nothing that can be done, and that I will have to create a new user. So that's what I did, but it really sucks to have to log out & back in, just to do picture work. ANY IDEAS????

Question # 2:
I keep getting boxes that pop up saying Outlook Express can not perform that action at this time. Even when Outlook Express isn't even open. Any Ideas?? I will try & get you a print screen view if needed, next time it shows up.

Thanks Again

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Sorry I have no idea how to fix that problem, more of a software related problem.

I would recommend you post in the Windows XP forum, they should be able to fix it.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.