Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setup challenges

• Please log in to reply

Dr Pete

Dr Pete

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
In trying to install 3DMark06 and MOHPA game patches, I get the following error message:

"An error (-5003:0x20) has occurred while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications." (There are no other apps running, of course.) In the error information details below, it shows: ">SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1064)"

Talked to Dell, run as an administrator, closed down all unnecessary processes, looked at the MS Vista forums, etc. - nothing.

MOH games themselves run fine and had no problem installing PCMark Vantage, so wondering if it's a Vista compatibility problem.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Dell XPS420
Vista Home Premium 32-bit
2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo
2 GHz DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
GeForce 8600GTS

Advertisements

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
You could try right clicking on it and selecting properties.

Then select compatibility and slect Xp service pack 2 or something its compatible with!

Hope this helps

SpuD

Dr Pete

Dr Pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
SpuD,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not help. The error was sent to InstallShield - could this be the problem? Is there a newer version of InstallShield (or older even) that I can access that might solve this problem? Always taken IS for granted, but I have seen references to different versions on other forums.

Thanks again.

Dr Pete

Dr Pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
SpuD,

It was InstallShield - I deleted it from my Common Files and clicking on the exe files got a new version of IS going. Problem solved.

Thanks.

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
Glad you got your problem solved!

SpuD