Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

keyboard and mouse problem when adding more ram

• Please log in to reply

honda366

honda366

• Pip
  • 1 posts
bought extra ram for my hp pavilion a1720n computer two 1gb. when i added them to the computer the keyboard and mouse go dead. thats a total of 3gb ram. took one of the 1gb out and the keyboard and mouse work fine at 2gb total. why keyboard and mouse will not work with 3gb total ram?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

Your system requires ram to be added in pairs. You will either need to purchase another 1GB ram or drop to two - 512 modules.

I would suggest the 512 route as, unless you have the 64bit version of Vista, it will only recogize a little over 3GB.

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 25 January 2008 - 07:48 PM.