Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application failed to intialize properly/cmd.exe, cannot connect to in

• Please log in to reply

canrocky

canrocky

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I first had all the problems in the topic title when my laptop (lenovo T60P) is off docking station. I read Kelvin's post and went ahead removed one hardware profile. Now I am having problmes when my laptop is on docking station as well as off docking station. The problem sympton again is:
- Toward the end of system booting up, the following message shows up and I can't browse internet even though the wireless network connects to LINKSYS fine with IP address assigned. "enummui.exe - application error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).....
- After reboot, when I try to start command prompt, the same error message "cmd.exe - application error ......."

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
canrocky, can you post a link to the other thread you referred to? Would be better to keep this there since it's really a continuation of that problem that Kelvin and you worked on.

pkibuddy

pkibuddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have exactly the same laptop and same problem. Did you ever fix it? It will be great if you can share the experience.