Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! None of my USB ports work.

• Please log in to reply

kellymodo

kellymodo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Can anyone help? I'm at a complete loss.
Basically, I am unable to use my keyboard or mouse because they are USB and the CPU has no PS2 ports. It does have about 9 USB ports, 2 in front and the rest in back. None of them are working. It is not the devices because I've tried several and they all have worked with other CPU's. I tried googling the problem, but every answer requires checking BIOS or device manager. Unfortunatley, I can't do any of this without a functioning keyboard! Any ideas? :) I'm completely flummoxed. Thanks.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Even if the drivers were deleted when the computer boots up it should see the USB ports and reinstall the drivers. This looks like a motherboard replacement is in order here. I say this because it looks like windows does not even see the USB ports.

SRX660

kellymodo

kellymodo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the advice. It's really not what I wanted to hear,but...