Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intergrated sound?

• Please log in to reply

Lehmo

Lehmo

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hey,

Building my pc, got to the stage where i need to choose a sound card but i was wondering if the Athlon 64 X2 MB came with intergrated sound or not, so i wouldnt have to buy a sound card. If it does, is it fairly good?

One more question, what is a cheap LCD monitor, preferably 17".

thanks if you can help

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
All modern motherboards have onboard sound and its pretty good, I suggest you give it a try and see if it fits your needs before spending the extra money on a card because you could always add a sound card later.

Opinions vary on the various brands of monitors I'll let others comment on their experiance with them but when you select one read/search for reviews

Lehmo

Lehmo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
thanks, i probably will just try out the onboard sound first cause i dont have that much cash

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Your welcome and you might be very happy with the onboard

andrew brunner

andrew brunner

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
my onboard sound works great. i think it is just as good or better than most cards.