Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

perfs.exe and routing.exe [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Lukey2000

Lukey2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Everything seems to be working great. Thank you for your free help! I have one more question though...I updated the definition files for SpywareGuard and they don't go past August of 2003. Does this imply that "the bad guys" are out-pacing this program? Thanks again.

Advertisements

Lukey2000

Lukey2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
*Question Fix*

About that SpywareGuard, the definition file is actually January of 2004...still, though, the same question. Is this program not worth anything now, or is it a decent supplement to all of the other working, great things I've installed due to your advice?

Lukey2000

Lukey2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
MVPS HOSTS file, spywareblaster, etc....will i have to take actions again to optimize protection when i have to uninstall this vista sp1 beta, and install the actual commercially released one (theoretically by the end of March, microsoft! :))?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Hello

I updated the definition files for SpywareGuard and they don't go past August of 2003.

SpywareGuard uses heuristics, this means it doesn't have to update itself. The bad guys will never get ahead of us :)

Is this program not worth anything now

SpywareGuard is one of the best programs you can get, trust me !

MVPS HOSTS file, spywareblaster, etc....will i have to take actions again to optimize protection when i have to uninstall this vista sp1 beta,

I think so, not 100% sure though.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.