Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have no Harddrive?!?!?!?

• Please log in to reply

BInarY

BInarY

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
ok so i install windows xp pro and partion 10000 mb and use ntfs. dont know what any of that means, but i did it. now i dont know where the rest of my memory is. i have a 200 gb maxtor sata harddrive. i dont know anything about partitioning and i want to just install all of my games and test out my new computer. i heard you can use partition magic but i have to pay for that. any other programs i can use or anything i can do to get all my memory back? do i have to reinstall windows again?! how do i make another partition? can someone help......

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
right click MY COMPUTER, choose MANAGE, choose DISK MANAGEMENT.

In the right pane, you will see the rest of your drive as unallocated space....right click it, choose New partition.

You are going to end up with TWO logical drives this way, though, rather than one drive.

This may or may not be bad...some people really don't like it, but many people do it on purpose for a variety of reasons, organization being the key.