Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Key

• Please log in to reply

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Is there a way for me to find out what CD Key was used to install Windows on my computer? My install CD ended up in just some case, with no CD Key to be found. I'm sure I can find it, but I don't really want to do all the searching.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Seltox...

Nice build you've got going there, Seltox. I've been using the Antec 900 case with a Corsair PSU for a while now...and love it. I just reviewed the Corsair TX750W and was very impressed with the stability of the output, even under load.

Magic Jelly Bean will locate the product key and pull it from the registry for you. This will work providing your installed operating system is a retail version.

wannabe1

Seltox

Seltox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I found my CD Key =p. But I tried out this program anyway, worked perfectly fine.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
another one is everest home...get it here..

Seltox

Seltox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
Whoa, I had no Idea Everest could do that. I've been quite an avid user of it since I first found it (thanks to the folks here on Geekstogo!)