Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need a Video Controller (VGA Compatible) Driver

• Please log in to reply

chiefreborn

chiefreborn

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
OK, does anyone know where I can find a VGA Compatible Video Controller Driver that supports 1280x800 resolution for my eMachines m5309? I lost it when I uninstalled my ATI stuff. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can either download from ATI or if you no longer use it you can get Everest Home Free

Open it then click + next to computer then summary to see what is listed for video adapter, also click + next to display then windows video then PCI / AGP then GPU to check what is listed there

Everest

Edited by Keith, 21 April 2005 - 08:57 PM.

chiefreborn

chiefreborn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Ok, so I found the unknown driver, but it doesn't tell me anywhere to get it from. (I already tried to get it from ATI)
PCI / AGP: ATI RADEON IGP-320M (U1) (It has two of these, one for video adapter and the 3D Accelerator)

GPU: There is just a blank grey screen.

And how do I get the driver from Everest?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Look here to see if this is what you need

ATI IGP

If so go here

ATI IGP Gart

Choose Windows XP drivers and software then motherboards with ATI graphics then Catalyst 5.4 motherboard/IGP then GART Driver dial up unless you need the others

Everest is system information tool which only has links for some things, you may find the IGP driver from the motherboard manufacturers home page

Edited by Keith, 22 April 2005 - 04:59 AM.

chiefreborn

chiefreborn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I have that driver, I ndeed the VGA video controller driver so I can run the catalyst.

craignw

craignw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a M5309 with the back up drivers. I have tried to upload the driver but it it does not work we will have to come up with a site where we can store the file temporarily.
Craig

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

I have a M5309 with the back up drivers. I have tried to upload the driver but it it does not work we will have to come up with a site where we can store the file temporarily.
Craig

rapidshare.com megaupload.com sendspace.com and theres more lol

craignw

craignw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
http://rapidshare.co...0_6351.zip.html