Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LCD brightness or gamma problem

• Please log in to reply

SHENGTON

SHENGTON

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
When booting computer this is the screen you'll see:
Posted Image

This LCD is not mine. If I will reset the "Settings" of LCD where the Brightness, Contrast, Color and etc are found. If I will reset it will turn back to normal
Posted Image

Then if I will restart the computer it will turn back again like this which is not normal:
Posted Image

What do you think guys? Can I still fix this? I think the gamma or the brightness of the LCD is the problem.

Edited by SHENGTON, 26 January 2008 - 10:28 AM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I would try to do two things. Download and install the latest video driver. Or, first go through the monitor's menu to find the Option to lock settings. This is what I have done on my monitor.

Ron

SHENGTON

SHENGTON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I think the LCD is dying...

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Not if you can set it like the middle image in your original post. If LCD was going, you wouldn't be able to change it back to normal. You could have a bad video driver. Guess you didn't do as asked in post #2 and it's hard to help when no feedback is forthcoming from a suggestion. Were you able to go through the menu options and see if settings could be locked?

You could also try to see if Device Manager is showing any yellow/red icons anywhere in the expanded tree.

Ron

SHENGTON

SHENGTON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I did what you asked Sir. I already updated my video driver. And the result still the same. With the Menu of the LCD. There's no lock option there Sir. I couldn't find it.

Edited by SHENGTON, 28 January 2008 - 09:53 AM.

Doobieus

Doobieus

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I actually had this problem awhile back, probably 1-2 years ago. Anyhow the fix I did, I pulled out my video card and put it back in, turned the computer back on and everything was back to normal.

I wasn't using onboard video so my resolution may differ from yours, however if you've never taken apart a computer before.... My best suggestion is get a friend or someone who knows the innards of computers to help you out with pulling the video card out and such.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Doobieus, 28 January 2008 - 09:56 AM.