Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buggy COMODO?

• Please log in to reply

MERR

MERR

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Is it just me or COMODO firewall is an extremely buggy program. First, every time I start my PC an error from COMODO pops up. Secondly, almost every time its general tab says in red that "restrictions for virtual machines apply", though it's not installed on a virtual machine. And when I shut down I have to kill cpf.exe. Ah, and every time I restart my computer my safe files list gets cleared.
But what is the biggest pain in the *** is that every so often it won't bring up its ui when I try to open it from the system tray. And during that time if it happens to block something the pop up that should ask me if I allow the action does not appear so the blocked program stays blocked till I restart my PC.
I tried reinstalling but it's the same.
Just wanted to ask if s.o. else experiences the same or if it's just me. Thanks :) .

Edited by MERR, 26 January 2008 - 04:54 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I don't consider it buggy. However, it is not for the average user. It has some advanced configuration options that require some digging into to setup properly. I've found that the comodo forums are a great place to get help.

http://forums.comodo.com/