Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting to an HDTV via HDMI

• Please log in to reply

Mumps

Mumps

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I have an HP dv6755ca notebook and it came with vista
http://h10025.www1.h...=reg_R1002_CAEN

But when I connect to my TV, the top, bottom, and sides are cut off... When watching movies, things like subtitles are cut off.

I am viewing them in 1080i, and the resolution was 1920x1080 as it should have been.

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum, if it is, please move it.

Advertisements

cathudog

cathudog

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I would ask what are you using to watch the TV and what tuner is in that system I did not see it listed and another question what make TV and what is the native resolution of the TV and are you using the control center for the Video card to make adjustments. I am new to this myself but I will try and help.

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Never used the HDMI myself, but I do hook up to flat screens very successfully, and easily,using the HD15m

:)

Mumps

Mumps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
i use HDMI because it carries the clearest HD picture, and also carries sound, which I will try and figure out later...

The TV is a Philips 30in CRT HDTV, and I have not been able to find any picture adjusting options in the video card software.
The resolutions the TV is capable of are 420i, 420p, and 1080i, which are 640x480, and 1920x1080 respectively.

However, I am getting the feeling I can't adjust this problem with the computer, I think it's the TV, so this is definitely the wrong forum if that is the case. haha