I have 4 drives:
a WD 250GB, which houses the OS, a WD 320 GB that has data/music/pics/docs/etc, and 2 Samsung 500gb that have a couple of HD movie rips on them (one is pretty much empty).
The board posts, but I can't access the OS. I'd like to avoid losing the other data I have on the 250gb boot drive. Will this work:
- take out the boot drive/250
- do a fresh install onto one of the Samsung 500gb
- set the 500gb as the boot drive in BIOS
- plug the 250 back in & transfer all the data to the other 500GB
- unplug the data 500GB
- unplug in the boot 250 and do a clean install on that,
- plug all of the drives back in, boot off the 250, and wipe the Samsung housing the OS.
Will that save the data I have on the WD 250 GB now?
Edited by JimB, 27 January 2008 - 01:09 AM.