Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aero Theme

• Please log in to reply

KoE_Dae'Loki

KoE_Dae'Loki

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Okay, I have a genuine copy of windows to start with, windows home premium. After installing my new video card and updating the drivers to the newest, my windows refuses to do the new theme options like the Flip 3D, Glass effect on windows, the nice taskbar thumbnails, and Alt+Tab thumbnails, or even the Windows+Tab things. I would like to have them enabled again, and for some odd reason I can not when I go to turn the startmenu thumbnails on I find that it is greyed out, and unclickable.

Here are my system specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD 64 Live! X2 Dual Core 4400+
Nvidia 8500GT 512MB 16x PCI-----------Driver 169.25 WHQL
Realtek HD Audio Integraded through the Nforce 430-----------Driver R1.85
2GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
350GB Hard Drive with 207GB free.

I currently use Norman Anti-Virus, which has the latest update as of today 01-27-2008

I think that if I paid for the premium version just to have those options and I can not use them, then I wasted my money and should have stuck with XP Pro SP2...good thing I am dual booting with my XP install so I can still use it due to incompatibility issues with Vista and some of the games I play.

Advertisements

MERR

MERR

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
My roommate has Vista and had the same problem when updating the drivers for his video card. The problem was when he updated the drivers his resolution/refresh rate were changed so that he couldn't switch to aero mode (aero mode is a big resource hogger). When he lowered the settings he was able to switch back
I'm not much into Vista, neither its fan, just telling you what happened.

Btw, you tried switching to aero mode from your control panel, didn't you?

KoE_Dae'Loki

KoE_Dae'Loki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
yea I changed my refresh rate from the standerd 60 to 85 becaue of my games run better with that refresh, will try and set it back to 60 and see what happens.

I went to personize display and then themes to select it as that is the only way I knew of how to change it where do you go in control panel to change it other than display or personize display?

KoE_Dae'Loki

KoE_Dae'Loki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
okay I set my refresh rate back to 60 and still nothing.

KoE_Dae'Loki

KoE_Dae'Loki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
okay, this thread can be locked down now, as I used Tweakvista build 6000 to fix this issue as it unlocked the Aero theme for me by using it to unlock my privledges, and then adjusting the glass color options in it.