Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What kind of computer memory

• Please log in to reply

George Jr.

George Jr.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The Everest report is attached. I actually had a problem doing this. The BIOS had a setting that write protected the floppy drive. I installed another "A" drive and when this didn't work I opened the BIOS Hope this helps.
George, Jr.

Attached Files

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Try and reset the bios to optimal settings. It could be that the cable is not 100% either it is not connected all the way or the cable was mashed and now is slow in a spot.
Try to connect one of the cd/dvd players to the same cable as the hard drive. You can disconnect the second hard drive to see what the results are.
Let us know what you found.

George Jr.

George Jr.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I connected the master hard drive to the slave CD result I/O boot failure system haulted
I connected the hard drive jumpered as CS to the CD jumpered as CS Result boot failure system haulted Both test were using IDE port 0
I spent a long time with this with various combinations Results a hard drive can not on IDE port 1 and a CD can not be run on IDE port 0
I can run one or both hard drives on IDE port 0 and one or both CD's on IDE port 1 in any combination. I also changed the ribon cable Result no change
George Jr.