Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Key Board fails off and on

• Please log in to reply

tallin

tallin

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I have a simple Microsoft key board connected via a USB port to my PC tower.

Intermittently on reboot the last couple of days it fails to enable. To correct this I have been pulling the lead out and putting it immediately back in which enables the mouse to work each time.

I am wondering if this is the original driver for the keyboard failing. This is the second identical keyboard I have had for this PC (the first one had a faulty F key) and as they both are identical when buying the second one I did not load the driver for it as was told to just plug it in and all would be well. It has been for the last 12 months and has only in the last day or two started to misbehave.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Should I reinstall the original Driver for instance.

kind regards, :)

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to run the keyboard on another computer and let us know what happens.

tallin

tallin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Try to run the keyboard on another computer and let us know what happens.

Thanks for your post -

Good thought, I will do that as soon as I clear the deck here. Work sometimes gets in the way unfortunately. I will post back with the result.

kind regards, :)