Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems using Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply

photog.chick

photog.chick

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I am having problems with I am assuming Windows Vista. First of all the computer runs really slow, especially when I am on the net....I have dsl so this shouldn't be a problem. I have had these problems despite multiple system restores. When I am for instance on the internet and I click on a link the window opens but nothing appears in the new window. Sometimes it will even have the address bar in the top of the window with a website address that I was previously on at some point or other. Also, If I have a couple windows open and try to right click on something be it to copy, paste, save as....etc... it will not do anything, I click and it just sits there doesn't open the window or nothing. Sometimes I can fix this by closing a window or two but most times I have to shut down and restart the computer. It doesn't make sense to me because this is a new computer and I am not overloading it with open windows, I mean it should be able to handle many open windows and tabs not just 1 or 2. Well, I guess that is it for now or at least I can't think of anything else other than I really hate windows vista!! Oh yeah, also how do I run the program which lets you decide which programs are in your start up?

Thanks! Kellie

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
Sounds like you may have some infections.
Please go here to start on getting your computer working properly.
Thank you.