Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad Image

• Please log in to reply

Racer-III

Racer-III

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You have probably heard this before. I am new to this site (last 3 minutes) I do not know if this is the correct site for my problem. If it is not, please direct me to the correct one.
Two days ago, when I turned on my computer I got a pop up dialog box that said, “The Application failed to start because DirWatcher.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this”.

I have run several checks on my system and now have a somewhat different box.
On the top left portion of the box it says,
PCMService.EXE Bad Image
The message below this reads,
The application or DLL C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DirWatcher.dll
is not a valid windows image. Please check this against yous installation diskette.

Attached is a copy of the pop up box in a word format.

I am not sure which installation diskette to check it against. I have looked at them all, I do not find one that lists Media Experience on it.
Can anyone please assist me?
Thanks... :)

Attached Files

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The simplest fix is to go to Add or Remove Programs and uninstall Dell Media Experience, especially if you are not using it.

Otherwise, I would contact Dell and ask them. Your best bet may be to use the Dell live tech chat support

http://support.dell....o...&redirect=1