Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ps2.exe ERROR before logging on

• Please log in to reply

medsurg

medsurg

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi I have an Hp computer..some one said this Ps2.exe is used for their keyboard..?? Right before I LOG on, a Ps2.exe Application eror code shows in a blue box..any ideas how to get rid of this and exactly what it is? The error says: THE APPLICATION failed to initialize properly (Oxc0000005), click OK to terminate.
Any help much appreciated!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Your are correct, it is part of the HP keyboard multimedia support. Uninstall the keyboard stuff from Add or Remove Programs, then go to the HP web site and download the latest software for your keyboard and install it, that should resolve the problem.

If you don't use the multimedia keys then just uninstall and forget.

medsurg

medsurg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
THANKS so much RICH! What you said worked PEFECT..many thanks! :)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You're welcome, thanks for letting me know it worked. Now if we can get your AVG fixed :)

medsurg

medsurg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
YEs, this AVG is driving me nuts! I tried about 15 times to download..no go..says some files are corrupt..who knows..
I totally un installed EVERYTHING from NORTON Anti-virus(my previous outdated 2004 version, trust me)!