Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

3D Graphics crash?

• Please log in to reply

Lehmo

Lehmo

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
hey

I'm building a new computer but i really would like to fix my old one which has this really annoying error on it. What happens is when i play a game with 3D graphics (anything from battlefield to a small online game), it will play for about a minute then freeze. Sometimes it will keep playing sounds which suggests that it is definetely the graphics card or possibly a problem with directX. I have a Radeon 9550 graphics card and it isnt that bad when it works. I had this problem before for a couple of months but I fixed it by updating a device driver (CPU to AGP or something) but it didnt work this time.

Also could be overheating? I used SpeedFan and it said 66 degrees for one thing.

thanks if you can help

Lehmo

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Have you tried installing the latest Radeon 9550 driver? http://game.amd.com/...p=xp/radeonx-xp

If that doesn't help, try a different video card.

Lehmo

Lehmo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
i tried, still the same, any other suggestions anyone?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try a different v ideo card as I suggested.