Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installing my cd for phone

• Please log in to reply

katrina2910

katrina2910

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i have windows xp i am trying to install my phone on comp,i get so far and i get an error 1500 i tells me that something else is being installed,but i cant find what it is ,on startp i get a box saying (rebooting virtual truck) i am so sorry but derrrr to be honest i havnt a clue can some one please help a thicko thankyou. dont know if this has anythng to do withit but cant remove (my contacts sync) internet closes,god am i useless ta :

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
have you tried system restore yet...go back about a week before you started having problems...

katrina2910

katrina2910

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yes but i dont know when it was put on ,its a few years and it wont let me go so far back, my daughter installed blueyonder when she bought it

Edited by katrina2910, 28 January 2008 - 12:52 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this...
Click on Start ... Run...
Type in ... msconfig... click on OK
Select the ..start up.. tab

Remove the tick from ..VTAgentReboot.
Click on OK
Restart the Computer
no joy...
Search for the VTAgent file on the PC. This file is normally located in a Temp folder.
Delete VTAgent file and reboot.

Edited by happyrck, 28 January 2008 - 03:41 PM.

katrina2910

katrina2910

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
cant find it but have found temp files for 2005 can they be removed safely,i am a little bit scared of the computer people say you cant do anything wrong but I CAN

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if you find ANY VTAgent files ...delete them...

Edited by happyrck, 29 January 2008 - 07:07 AM.

katrina2910

katrina2910

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
sorry i took so long deleted one but now printer wont work a box says the print spool not running,still got the problem i started with

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you do what I asked in post number 4...
you will need to tell me after each step what you did and any results...
you will have to be as detailed as possible and please don't take a week to try because I have to reread the whole thread to see where we are...
you can try creating another user account...name it something other than what you now use...it needs to be a admin accout...if it does not have any issues like the old account we can import your data to the new account and delete the old one...
the lowdown to do this is here.....if you don't know how...

Edited by happyrck, 05 February 2008 - 10:06 AM.

katrina2910

katrina2910

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
the problem is on all accounts yes i have tried everything you told me sorry but it took me 3 days to get back on,i am going to solve my problem going to buy a new computer sick of this one thankyou for helping me and i am going to have computer lessons thanks again