Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupt Admin User Account! What Do I DO?

• Please log in to reply

JR's_FightingBack

JR's_FightingBack

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
First Off, I would like to say thank you, to all the people on this forum. Your Knowledge & help is incredible. Just wanted To Say Thanks To Everyone!

Ok, here is the problem Im having: (anyone got any ideas what's wrong, or why this is happening or how to fix it?)

Question # 1:
I use Adobe PhotoShop CS3 to edit my pictures for our websites. I have spoke with Adobe about my problem & they say my main Admin User (this user I use) is Corrupt, and that's why I have this problem.

Here is the problem: I CAN NOT Open more than 1 image in PhotoShop CS3 at anytime. If I try to open another file, or paste something as a new image, I get a Windows "PhotoShop CS3 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." (Debug) (Send Error Report) (Don't Send). And then it closes the window! This is very bad when trying to work on anything, or design new images for the web. Adobe told me, there is nothing that can be done, it is a problem with Windows XP Pro Admin User Account, and that I will have to create a new user. So that's what I did (it works fine in the new user account), but it really sucks to have to log out & back in, just to do picture work. ANY IDEAS????

Question # 2:
I keep getting boxes that pop up saying Outlook Express can not perform that action at this time. Even when Outlook Express isn't even open. Any Ideas?? I will try & get you a print screen view if needed, next time it shows up.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi JR's_FightingBack, welcome to G2G.

You can create a new account and copy all your user data over to it.

http://support.micro...om/?kbid=811151

Once you are satisfied all is well and all your data really is there :) , you can delete the old, corrupted account. If that does not resolve the problem then you will need to go back to Adobe for more help.

JR's_FightingBack

JR's_FightingBack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ztruker,

Thanks for the quick reply. Few things:

I thought about doing that, but the only problem I have with doing so, is I can't view or see Any of the info from another user account. Adobe also recommended this option, and tried to help me, but they stated that since I couldn't view the files on that user account from a new account, it was more corrupt that they thought, and that I needed to contact my computer IT person to solve the issue. Also I need ALL Of My Emails (old & new) and don't know how to copy all the files (inbox) (sent) (mis. folders) (compressed old emails) at once, instead of one by one. Any help??

Also, can I create a New Admin Account? With this one already in place??

Thanks for all the help in advance!

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
why not set up this new account with admin privileges to keep from logging in and out? go to admin tools in your control panel then open the computer management.open the local users and groups folder.open the users folder and look for the user name you just created. select it and right click, scroll down to properties ,then click the middle tab. if its blank click add ,then type in adminstrators. click apply and ok.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
You must import your e-mail messages and addresses to the neLog on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
2. In Windows Explorer, click Tools, click Folder Options, click the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders, click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click OK.
3. Locate the C:\Documents and Settings\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive on which Windows XP is installed, and Old_Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
4. Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files: • Ntuser.dat
• Ntuser.dat.log
• Ntuser.ini

5. On the Edit menu, click Copy.
6. Locate the C:\Documents and Settings\New_Username folder, where C is the drive on which Windows XP is installed, and New_Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
7. On the Edit menu, click Paste.
w user profile before you delete the old profile.

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
microsodt article on e/mail and document migration

JR's_FightingBack

JR's_FightingBack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry for the late reply. I just got in the office. I will review & read all of the reply links and see what happens. Ill post my results here once I get it done. Thanks for the help!

The other question about the Outlook Express error. I got a screen shot of it today, and will be attaching it to this post. Any Ideas? Or Same Corrupt User deal?
What Error Says:
"Microsoft Outlook | Either there is no defualt mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Now, like I said above, this happens even when Outlook isn't open. Also Outlook is already my default mail client. Let me know what you think?

Thanks again

Attached Thumbnails

• Outlook_Email_Error.jpg

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
First, in OE, go to Tools | Options and set OE as the default mail and news program. If the options are grayed out that means that OE already thinks it is the default.

Then go to Control Panel | Internet | Programs tab and select OE as the default mail and news program. If it is not available in the drop down list do the following:

Go to Start | Run and type this command, with the quotes and spaces:

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

and then make sure that OE is selected as the default mail program in both
IE and OE.