Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP PSC 1510 PRINTER-WON'T PRINT

• Please log in to reply

Aryan King

Aryan King

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I had to download the software for this HP PSC 1510 All in One printer/scanner/photo gizmo as my daughter no longer had the CD.

It all seems to work fine.Computer recognizes printer.There are no error warnings.When I run a test print,the printer prints the test stuff fine...but when I try to get it print text from Word 2000 or even the Note Pad I get only blank sheets of paper. I checked the printer box and it shows the stuff is being printed,but the pages are blank.

I tried the HP site and did most of the adjustments they recommended and still get blank sheets of paper.It prints pictures and words when tried from the test area but not when I try to print anything written.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What is the "test stuff"? Is it a picture? A document? Standard XP printer test page?
Most common cause is the printer is out of black ink, especially if the "test stuff" is a pretty picture with not a lot of black in it.

Aryan King

Aryan King

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
You were right Mr Jones ,apparently I'm far more computer "challenged" than I ever thought :) thanks.