Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing all sorts of drivers

• Please log in to reply

Efeezy20

Efeezy20

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I recently just formatted my comp to xp pro.....When I did that I didn't have none of my drivers, I am trying to get online so I can update my computer, but nothing works. Trying to find my ISP drivers for the device, not luck so far. Just wondering is there anything or somewhere I can go and get all my XP Pro drivers?

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You need to use another computer to download the drivers and install them in your computer. At least the LAN driver (then you can use your computer to search for the other drivers). You have to search for the drivers in the motherboard, or computer manufacturer's, internet site.

Efeezy20

Efeezy20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Well I went to HP website, the drivers are only available if I had Vista. So was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction for a Pavillion s7700n Slim-Line LAN driver if you could please.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
That's all that I could find:

Frequently asked questions about software and drivers

I loaded another version of Windows and cannot find drivers. What do I do?

First, find the names of the various hardware components in your PC. The most important component is the chipset as it contains the most functionality. To find the names of your PC components, use Windows System Information (click Start , All Programs , Accessories , and then System Tools ) and refer to the product specifications document that corresponds to the model number of your PC.
Second, find and install the latest chipset driver package for the new operating system. The chipset contains core driver functionality for onboard components (such as sound and networking). If your computer does not have an Internet connection, download the chipset from another computer and save it to a CD or USB storage device to transfer it to your computer. For more help on where to find chipsets and other downloads, refer to the preceding section Getting updates from the software maker .
Last, after you have found and installed the chipset, download and install the latest drivers for any components that are not functioning. For example, if you do not hear any sound from your PC and it uses Realtek high-definition audio, download and install a new high-definition sound driver from either Microsoft or Realtek's website.
Replace hardware components when drivers are unavailable. For example, if you changed your operating system from Windows Vista to Linux and a Linux sound driver is not available, install a sound card and driver that is compatible with Linux.
CAUTION: Unless otherwise specified, HP does not provide support for software that did not originally come with the PC because the product is changed to a configuration that HP did not design. See your warranty for details. Also, do not upgrade or downgrade an operating system without first finding compatible drivers for all of the components in your PC. If you must change the operating system, please burn a recovery disc set to restore the PC if compatibility problems occur.