Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio/driver problems. Please help =(

• Please log in to reply

discordia

discordia

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I had to reinstall windows recently, and I took the computer to a guy who fixes them because no drivers were on, I can now access internet but they didn't fix audio, and I don't want to have to take it back..
I got Everest to find out what sound I needed, and someone on another forum said it was Realtek High Definintion, so I downloaded those. I think it was right since now it says Found New Hardware, and it didn't notice anything before.
Although when I download the "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" and then restart, the computer seems really messed up, internet browsers freeze up, so I uninstall the audio thing and it's all fine again, I've done this like over 5 times now-it's definitely that. Does it mean it's the wrong drivers or something?
I really miss my audio ;_; I hope someone can help~

My everest report is:

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name TT-61FFDEF31BA5
User Name Administrator
Logon Domain [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Date / Time 2008-01-29 / 08:25

Motherboard:
CPU Type AMD Sempron, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3400+
Motherboard Name ASRock K8NF4G-SATA2 (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 1 CNR, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA GeForce 6100, AMD Hammer
System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
BIOS Type AMI (03/15/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS (256 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (16223)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC861 @ nVIDIA nForce 410 (MCP51) - High Definition Audio Controller

(Sorry if this is in completely wrong place)

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go.

Here is the drivers page for your MOBO: http://www.asrock.co...el=K8NF4G-SATA2

The driver you need is this one: "Realtek AC'97 audio driver ver:A3.77".

Edited by Titan8990, 29 January 2008 - 05:27 AM.

discordia

discordia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Do you know anywhere else to get it?
I did try that 2 times before, and I tried last night when I saw your message but wake up to find "The connection was reset" x_x
I thought maybe the 4.something was just a newer version because it's easy to find, but that didn't work ^^;

I'll keep trying though! :) The site is so slow ^^;

EDIT! : Oh wow the "For better transferring speed, ASRock suggests you to download the necessary BIOS/Driver during off-peak hours to avoid network traffic jam." must mean now cause it's finally fast! ^_^! I'll edit again with how it goes~!

Edit again~~ Uhwaah thankies :) It WORKS as well as not messing up.. xD But I'm always suspicious of it, but hope I don't have to edit again xD!
Thankyou thankyou thankyou~

Edited by discordia, 29 January 2008 - 11:01 PM.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Good to hear you got it working. I'm always happy to help :).

discordia

discordia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ironicly my internet was put down that same day, so I restarted thinking it was something I had done (but unrelated)
And the sound was gone again =| Maybe it had needed the HD one also??
It recognised the speakers when the HD one was on, but also messed up a lot..
On volume control it say about no active mixer devices, so same problem as before.

discordia

discordia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I wanna add...

On device manager there are 2 under sound with the yellow question mark, Microsoft Kernel Acoustic Echo Canceller and Microsoft Kernel Audio Splitter and when I try to update driver it says about there being a duplicate in the system or something..
I tried googling around but I have no idea what to try, and I keep having to uninstall the realtek things to try stuff, one site said I need to remove everything about realtek and start again? they dont seem to be removed completely though..