Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New ATI 3870 X2 Outperforms 8800GTX

• Please log in to reply

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Clip from Anand Tech:

It has been far too long since AMD/ATI have been at the top of the performance charts; the crown had been lost on both CPU and GPU fronts, but today's Radeon HD 3870 X2 introduction begins to change that. The Radeon HD 3870 X2 is the most elegant single-card, multi-GPU design we've seen to date and the performance is indeed higher than any single-card NVIDIA solution out today.

Link: ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2: 2 GPUs 1 Card, A Return to the High End

Advertisements

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
nVidia are bringing out a new GPU in February aren't they? Doesn't look like ATI will be on the top for very long if nVidia keep up the pace.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Nvidia is starting their next series with their mid range cards. The first up will be the 9600. I have heard promising things already but I would be extremely surprised if it outperforms this card. This card even outperforms SLI 8800 GTs in some situations.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Remember this card is still in RC drivers, so performance will improve. Also, I'm pretty sure nVidia's GPU solution will be superior in terms of performance.
James

Edited by james_8970, 29 January 2008 - 04:04 PM.