Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My 3D Designs

• Please log in to reply

Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Here is one of my 3D Designs I did without Vray or Mental Ray. I used a 3D software called 3DS Max.

Posted Image

What do you guys think of it? :)

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Hey Doctor Inferno,

How long have you been using max? The render its self isn't anything to really be "impressed" by because it's simply a sphere with a material applied to it. But I'm guessing you're fairly new to the program and most likely 3d modeling all together? If you need some tips, don't be afraid to ask :) Keep it up :)

Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Well, I just started... Do you have any tips for me? :)

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Well, the main tips I can give is to really practice if you want to get good at it. Do as many tutorials as you can. A common thing most people do when they first start out (including my self) is they try too many things at once. If I could start over again, I would first focus on my modeling. It's you're platform that you need to build on as you get better and more experienced in different aspects of 3d art. Once you're comfortable modeling most things, I would move on to unwrapping and texturing. Texture creation is pretty difficult to get the hang of and there are many ways to get a desired result for certain textures. I my self haven't really begun to get serious about texturing because I'm focusing on my modeling and unwrapping still (mainly unwrapping). Also, do know what kind of modeling you would like to do (high poly or low poly)? I my self do low polly modeling.

Doctor Inferno

Doctor Inferno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I'm curious, do you use plugins?

Edited by Doctor Inferno, 31 January 2008 - 04:46 AM.

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Well, I use one plugin for unwrapping, it's really just an extra side bard with extra options in addition to the standard 3dsmax unwrap program. Other than that, I don't because I don't need any other plugins. People mainly use plugins for rendering and animation.

Extract

Extract

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
This is pretty good. Nice job.