Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

internet connection problem

• Please log in to reply

wbd

wbd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For about the last month I have been having an intermittent connection problem. When I tried to connect to my dial-up service I would occasionally get an error massage saying "Error 711, A configuration problem is preventing the connection". If I re-boot and try again I have no problem. At first this only happened occasionally, but lately more often. I checked the MS Knowledge Base for this error, but the examples didn't seem to fit my problem. If I use diagnostics on the modem, it says it is acting normally, even just after this error has occurred.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
access Network Diagnostics from within the Start Menu's Help and Support option. From there click the Use Tools ... link under Pick a task, and then click Network Diagnostics from the list of tools. When you click Scan your system, Network Diagnostics will scan all the items specified, a process that should take between 30-60 seconds and result in a PASSED or FAILED for each item once the entire scan is complete. If any of the items can't be reached or if the response is intermittent, it will be marked FAILED indicating that it's the likely source of the problem. a failure only under DNS Servers indicates that either the DNS servers are down or your Internet connection to them is.

Edited by krmooo, 29 January 2008 - 05:39 PM.