Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lg DVD burners

• Please log in to reply

matthew staton

matthew staton

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Am I the only one who has problems with LG dvd burners man they read slow as crap I bought 2 of them. Ones a 18x with light scribe and the others a 20 X writer How is it possible that they read at about 4x Some how. This sucks. I have 3 computers with pioneer,sony, light-on, Burners and I use them for roms and they all read faster than these new crapy Lg drives what a pain in the butt they been . My light on 16 x reads a disc in about 4 1/2 to 5 minutes and the Lg takes 10 minutes or more for the same disc. I think I will do a utube video and smash them like galager does lol :) :) :)

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
Have you checked to see if the drive is configured to read at the slower speed?
What operating system are you using on this machine?

matthew staton

matthew staton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I am using windows xp pro os. I would I configure the drive to go faster? I use nero burning rom 7 and have it set to maximum read I also have all the master/ slave things correct to. It is a 18x dvd burner it reads a disk in like 10 to 12 minutes my light- on on my crapy amd reads a disk in 4 1/2 to 5 minutes. Umm tap tap.