Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video card

• Please log in to reply

drewlrocks

drewlrocks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello i have a HIS Radeon HD 2600 XT IceQ Turbo / 512MB GDDR3 / PCI Express / (Dual Link) Dual DVI / HDTV / HDMI Support / CrossFire Ready / Video Card and it says in the specs from where i bought the card and the cards website that its memmory clock runs at 1860 MHz [url="http://www.tigerdire...EdpNo=3244198"][link to site/url] but in ccc and ati overclock utility it only goes to about 800-900 then i have to reboot because of it running to fast please help.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The 1860Mhz speed should be its speed out of the box. Why are you trying to overclock it?

drewlrocks

drewlrocks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well some people say they get this card to 2200 mhz but i cant get it past 1100 but what in saying is out of box it schould be 1850 but it was like 800-900 i forget exact number. what schuld i do.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hi drewlrocks,

Here's the catch.. In vga card, memory speed is defined as FSB x 2, thus, if the default speed is 1860MHz, the actual FSB is 1860/2 = 930fsb..

If you use either ATiTools (or vendor software) to overclock your vga core and memory, the speed that you set in your memory speed is 1100fsb x 2 = 2200MHz.. and you actually set your memory speed to your vga card at 2.2GHz!

you can go here to download ATiTool :)