Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

computer pop with smoke

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, I have a urgent question regarding my computer. I had recent noise problems from it and it seems that just approxiamately now the computer made a gun shot kind of pop with smoke coming out of it that also caused the computer to hsut off. What should I do from here?

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Unplug it, try another power supply and hope for the best. Most likely the power supply(psu) blew this sometimes takes other parts with it, only way to know for sure is to try another psu.

andrew brunner

andrew brunner

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
ya just hope it just the psu or it you may have to replace some stuff.

i bought a new tower to build my new pc, and i didnt use the psu that came with it(thankfully). i hade a 500w in my older comp which was new. well my bro wanted to one i dint want that came with the case. That psu caught on fire in his comp. luckily he was there when it happened and it only damaged the psu.