Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

system clock wrong year, won't update online or manual

• Please log in to reply

kidcheckers

kidcheckers

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi;

My system clock is displaying year 2005. It won't let itself be corrected manually and when I try to make it sync through the online option that fails too.

This is making it impossible to get the update reccomended before posting a hijack this log. There are other problems as well, but this one is causing a lot

it seems like fixing this would allow me to do everything else before the hijack log.

Thank you.

Advertisements

kidcheckers

kidcheckers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've done every spyware and virus test reccomended on the list thus far and also gone to windows help trying to cure it. Nothing.

The only thing I haven't done is the windows update which fails out b/c of the time/date error.