Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

x64 operating systems are being ignored

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I use X64. When I want to find a program or a setting for a program that I already have, I search through pc forums, Google searches and links to find that there is no mention of X64 for the most part. A person with an x64 os has to wonder if a program that will work for Vista or 2003 server will work in their pc. How about you guys listing x64 in one of your topics or create a new topic for x64?

Other than that, you guys are going a great job!

Edited by Denisejm, 30 January 2008 - 12:54 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
XP 64-bit isn't in mainstream use, in fact various flavours of Linux are more common than XP 64-bit. It was more of a stopgap to Vista than anything else.
If you need to know whether a program works under 64-bit XP/Vista, the best place to look is not on self-help sites like these but rather the site of the people who made the program.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
There are many people who use X64, even though they're not the minority, and these people need help, programs, and a place to turn to when help is needed. It's not right to say that these people should go to Microsoft for this help. This is a computer help site for just about all operating systems, and it's obvioius that people with X64 have no place here. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
With all due respect, I didn't mention anything about Microsoft in my first post on this topic.
Anyway, the XP forum usually suffices.

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

and it's obvioius that people with X64 have no place here. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Anyone with any system is welcome here. Many here have the x64 base.

There is a huge forum caled vista x64 as well.Their focus is not just on vista, but on all OS, just like here.

Sorry you feel so frustrated.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
I know that everyone is welcome here. I've been here quite often myself. I meant no harm to all the people who give up their time to help other people here. Mine was a suggestion, not a critique. Few places on the internet have links for every os except for XP X64.

I don't feel frustrated and I didn't think that my suggestion would be taken as such.

There is a huge forum caled vista x64 as well.Their focus is not just on vista, but on all OS, just like here.

Would you give me the link to the X64 forum?

the best place to look is not on self-help sites like these but rather the site of the people who made the program.

Microsoft made Windows and it created XP X64. Since that is the reason for this thread, I don't know what else you could be referring to.

Well, I'm sorry that my suggestion was taken the wrong way.

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I did a google for - xp x64 forums and got quite a few hits. They may not be whole forums set up for xp x64 but they do have discussions.

The vista x64 is vistax64.com
It is set up for vista but I have read user posts about xp as well.

Try posting any questions you have in the XP forum here. There are a lot of brain cells firing in here, you might find the answers you seek. :)

I know most of us like to find the answers if we can, so if you post, you will double up on search efforts.