My SATA related settings are:
SATA RAID/AHCI: Disabled
SATA Port Native Mode: Enabled
Onboard SATA/IDE Device: Enabled
Onboard SATA/IDE Control Mode: IDE
I have tried these at many different settings, yet these are the ones I feel should work, even though they don't.
The harddrive supports 3.0Mb/s and the jumper setting is set for that. I also plan to test the drive using a SATA to USB converter tonight in order to make sure that it works and that it isn't the drive's fault. I can hear the drive spinning up though, so I know the drive is getting power. I have tested a different cable to the drive and I have tested plugging a different SATA drive (a DVD drive) into the
same slot the harddrive was in, so I know it isn't the cable and I know it's not the SATA port on the motherboard. I have tried plugging the SATA harddrive into SATAII0 and SATAII0 and GSATAII1 (I tried a master slot of each of the 2 controllers on the board, and one slave slot), and had the same result, it showed up in BIOS on each of the respective ports as "". I have my two old IDE drives in there (though I have also tested it out with the IDE harddrives unplugged, and it made no difference), and I have windows installed temporarily on one of those though my end goal is to put windows on the SATA drive. I went in to windows and installed the motherboard supplied SATA drivers just for the heck of it, but it had no effect.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P
Harddrive: Western Digital 750GB SATA2 WD7500AAKS