Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help needed Possible PSU Fail

• Please log in to reply

dezjay

dezjay

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Been having a problem with my PC for a few weeks, Started off when I had a power cut, system would not turn on, then it did a few days later, everything was fine until one morning i tried to turn it on but nothing happened, all that happens is a green light just below the 3 pin are the power cord goes into flashes, I have had someone out and he told me it could be a PSU Problem, but he didnt seem to sure, and I have had your valuable help in the past, i beg for your diagnosis and solution if possible

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Replace the power supply.
With all due respect to the technician that came out, I see no "could" about it. A non-working PSU means nothing else will work.

dezjay

dezjay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
how would I go about replacing the power suply as I have no idea what to do on that bit, and also is there any other problem it could be

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
any tech worth his salt will carry a known good PSU with him on service calls...AND a psu tester...with that said...
go here for the lowdown on installing a new psu