Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Restarting

• Please log in to reply

cougaro

cougaro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I have one program that when I run it, I get this Machine_Check_Exception blue screen of death and my computer restarts before the memory dump is complete. It doesn't seem to have any kind of pattern since sometimes I can play the game with no problems for hours and sometimes it happens every 10 min or so. The game is an online MMORPG called Shaiya. I have other high end games like Bioshock and Unreal Tournament 3 that run with no problems and also play other MMO's with no problem. It only happens with this game. The info with the Exception is

STOP: 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x805461F0, 0xB2000000, 0x00070F0F)

I have no idea how to decode this to get pointed at what's wrong. I have searched microsofts help site and found nothing for this specific error. Please help!!!!

If you need more info, let me know what's needed and how to get it and I'll post it. Thanks!

Edited by cougaro, 30 January 2008 - 05:07 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi cougaro, welcome to G2G.

According to several posts I found via Google search:

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred.

Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.),
or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

cougaro

cougaro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes, that is the information that I have found as well. However, it only happens while playing the one game, no other times. Overheating isn't a problem as my temps are all in the normal range. I don't overclock anything. Voltages are all normal as well. Every check I know to do has passed with flying colors. I'm wondering though, the MMO Shaiya I play came with another program called nProtect GameGuard. Before these were installed on my computer, everything worked fine and I never had any errors like this one. Like I said, it only happens while trying to run the one (or two) programs.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Can you uninstall GameGuard and still use the game? If so, try it and see what happens.

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Does your PC meet the system requirements?