Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I also have another question

• Please log in to reply

Omar`

Omar`

• Pip
  • 2 posts
How could I set it up so, when someone clicks on a link it opens up a window. For example this http://www.imeem.com...ist/?p=UwZGzVjo . I want it so when ever people click on the link it opens up a new window, and doesn't use the current window they have open to browse the link. Can anyone help :) (I have Invisionfree).
The link is located in the header of the site, thanks in advanced! :)

Edited by Omar`, 30 January 2008 - 08:26 PM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
http://www.pageresou...html/newwin.htm
Johanna

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Fortunately, people have control over how their browsers react to a link, so any method you use will depend on the Options they have set. They also can right-click and chose from the context menu whether to open a new window or a new tab. Believe me, I have total control over how my browser treats links.

If you just want to not use bad coding like target="_blank" attributes, try:

<a href="URL/file_name.html" title="Link Text Description" onclick="window.open (this.href, ''); return false">Link Name</a>

To properly validate these for HTML Strict or higher, put links in an unordered list or wrap in a block level element (div, p, etc.)

Ron

Edited by Ax238, 30 January 2008 - 10:59 PM.