Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

constand hd activity on laptop, running slow.

• Please log in to reply

powermonkey3000

powermonkey3000

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
i've looked through the site and did what the stickys said to do. still no help. i'm not sure if this is a malware problem or not, but it seemed to have popped up about the same time i tried installing an ir remote device on my laptop through the usb. i had the adapter installed on my desktop for a while and it seemed to have stopped working, so i decided to put it on my laptop. i plugged it in and it made the computer crash, i rebooted and tried again.. same thing. so i tried one more time, and it seemed like it installed, but as soon as i pressed play on the remote, it froze, so i uninstalled it and ever since my computer has been running slow. the hd activity light is constantly flashing and the computer just isn't very responsive. any ideas?

Advertisements

powermonkey3000

powermonkey3000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
anyone?

powermonkey3000

powermonkey3000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
well.. this place used to be good. guess it doesn't get used very much anymore?