Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Good Scary Movie

• Please log in to reply

hoopsman

hoopsman

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I was just wondering if anybody knew a good, creepy(not a stupid slasher) movie that i could watch. i recently saw the top 30 scariest movies of all time, and the original wicker man caught my eye. it was free on comcast on demand, so i watched it, and i was thoroughly disappointed. it was more weird than creepy or scary, and it was like #10 or sumthin on the list.
let me know if you know a good creeeepy movie! :)

Advertisements

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Classic 1930's Frankenstein. :)

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
is that a joke? :)

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Invasion of the body snatchers with Donal Sutherland, scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Still can't watch that movie today....lol

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Yeah, it's not scary but it's intresting to watch lol The thing I liked about classic 1930's frankenstein is the lighting, they did a good job for being so old. :)

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
LOL Excal! :)

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
1991 version of "The Haunted" although after seeing it fully through I won't get scared like I did the first time watching it.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Dreamcatcher...it's by Stephen King

enough said

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
The Exorcism of Emily Rose. :)

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Don't Look Now

Another Donald Sutherland movie

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Don't Look Now

Another Donald Sutherland movie

Exactly !! :)

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
the gory stuff never really bothered me much now Silence of the Lambs that hanibal got into my head thats woke me up a couple nights

Stinky Britches

Stinky Britches

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
hoopsman I wish I knew what was on the top 30 list, especially what you liked. The newer slasher/blood n guts/giallo genres don't hold a torch to the old black n white creepers that you watch with the lights off. You should visit the Internet Movie Database imdb.com - pretty good source of intel for movies and actors history. I've found you can't go wrong with Vincent Price movies. Bela Lugosi was the man for early horror. A lot of good horror came from the UK, made at Hammer Studios. Children of the Damned is excellent. The Shining with Jack Nicholson - incredible. Horror Hotel is an old b&w that is a good movie with a bad title. My wife likes movies where small insects/animals mutate into gigantic proportion; they can be scary and hilarious. "Them!" is good, and Night of the Lepus is fun to watch. hoopsman, if you would, please give us an idea of what type of horror you like. My personal library of horror movies is in the thousands. I'll gladly look up some titles based on what you like: sci-fi scary, post-apocalyptic world-in-ruins, toxic terror, nature run amuck, 'b' films that are so bad they're good, foreign films, biker gang tomfoolery, etcetera, you name it. Knowing what you like makes it easier to find films that have a similar flavor or style.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Two of my favorites:

1. Slumber Party Massacre (all 3 Movies)
2. The Stand by Stephen King

Brian

hoopsman

hoopsman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
To answer Stinky Britcher, i love really intense, atmospheric horror films, like the Ring or The shining(the first time i saw it). i havent seen a movie that REALLY scares the living [bleep] out of me constantly, not just in a few parts like the shining. i like really creepy movies, and slashers are ok, but i really dont like watching them unless i have nothing else to watch. So if anyone knows a good really creepy, atmospheric movie, let me know.

Edited by hoopsman, 04 February 2008 - 09:03 PM.